If you want to celebrate your long weekend al fresco, you might just want to stop by Reál Surf in Quezon, PH. It was previously known as Reál Surf, but a few months ago, its hotel has finally opened, which made it Reál Coast & Surf. Reál Coast is their hotel with a modern vibe, while Reál Surf is the surf camp with a more chill vibe. Unfortunately, I only got to stay in Reál Surf because I honestly did not know that Reál Coast was already open.
It was a long drive from Manila to Reál. It took us about 4 hours via private vehicle. The resort is a small area, but it’s the perfect place to relax and take away all your worries from the busy streets in the city. There is no signal for Globe users. Smart and Sun users have signal, but it’s not enough to connect to cellular data.
You may rent cabanas. They come in 3 sizes: small, medium, and large. We were only 5, so we availed of the small cabana because it can fit a maximum of 6 people. The medium cabana can house up to 8 people, while the large cabana can accommodate up to 12 guests. Each cabana comes with the following:
- Beach chair
- Coffee table inside the cabana
- Table outside the cabana
- Mosquito net
- Electric fan
- Curtains for privacy or for when it rains
- Free tent pitching pass (bring your own tent)
Unfortunately, I was not able to surf because I had too many blisters on my feet. It was too painful for me to even try and dip my feet in salt water. Instead, I just spent my time in the cabana, taking my chill time and having a heart-to-heart talk with my friend. At first, I thought the “no signal life” would be hard, but it’s actually easy to brush off that fact when you’re in the place. Another factor would be their food. It would seem pricey at first, but once you see their serving, and have a taste of their meals, you would want to eat more. You may order food from Ate Lyn who stays at the shack. The following are dishes that I would recommend:
- Grilled Cheese – It’s a cheesy sandwich served with potato chips.
- Chix + Waffles – One of my ultimate favorites. Waffles with a honey syrup, and chicken. It reminded me of Sunnies Cafe’s Chicken and Waffles.
- Fish N’ Chips – Another dish that I love. I barely eat fries, but these ones taste amazing.
- English Breakfast (Breakfast meal) – No regrets in ordering this dish. It was toast served with a sausage cut into 2 pieces, bacon, 2 sunny side up egg, and potatoes. Best meal ever.
- Nachos – We ordered two servings, but the 5 of us couldn’t even finish one! That’s how big the serving was. The dish is spicy, but it tastes really good.
Another thing you can do is have a picture with their iconic wall as the background. Reál Surf plays movies every night, so they attach a white screen on the wall in order to project the movie.
Reál Surf has definitely made it to my favorite outdoor places. The management has really made sure that the resort would be convenient to all its guests. It offers a peaceful and serene environment which makes it the perfect getaway. I am definitely going to come back to this place.
For bookings and more details, you may visit their Facebook web page: Reál Coast & Surf
Click ‘Book Now’ to see their photos, rates and availability.